oracle virtualbox sun solaris #blastfromthepast
since jan 2019 oracle linux public yum repo info has been modularised
You should update your systems to use the modular yum configuration as soon as possible.
new oracle linux yum docs
and if installing on virtualbox from the oracle linux 7 ISO you should enable networking in your vm and use the following oracle linux public yum network location
when virtualbox guest additions says it needs kernel headers what it really means is that it needs kernel- devel
# yum install kernel-devel
VirtualBox 6.0.4 (released January 28 2019)
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- Virtualization core: support Shanghai/Zhaoxin CPUs.
- User interface: handle command line arguments to VirtualBox correctly (bugs #18206 and #18197)
- User interface: improvements to machine manager window, virtual optical disk creator, storage selector window and log viewer window
- User interface: various small fixes and improvements
- Audio: implemented time scheduling for the AC’97 device emulation to keep audio and video in sync
- Graphics: basic support for VMSVGA graphics device in virtual machines using EFI
- Network: fix occasional NATNet crashes (bug #13899)
- Network: worked around problems in certain PCnet drivers on old operating systems
- Serial: fixed connecting to pseudo terminals on POSIX hosts (6.0.0 regression; bug #18319)
- Linux hosts and guests: fix for building kernel modules against Linux 5.0. Thank you Kyle Laker
why not browse the code or contribute to @oracle @virtualbox #virtualbox #virtualisation #sysadmin #webdev
if you sign up you might even get a mention on oracle.com
Oracle Linux 7 Software Collections (x86_64) yum rpm
An Oracle Linux 7 for ARM disk image for use on Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model B/B+ hardware is available for developers who may not have access to alternate ARM hardware.