bitnami are now providing ubuntu redmine images that you can run on the oracle cloud
- Requires Oracle Virtual Box
- Windows Hyper-V must be disabled
- Requires Windows 10 Pro [1511 or 1607] (NOT HOME)
- BIOS Virtualisation (VT) must be enabled
- Windows Hyper-V must be enabled
- NOTE : Kills Any Pre-Existing VirtualBox VMs
if you have windows 7 pro (NOT HOME) or windoz 10 pro you no longer need to buy vmware player or download oracle virtualbox
- just upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro for FREE !
- then run M$ HYPERV for FREE !
instead of buying vmware player or downloading oracle virtualbox
oracle virtualbox 5 doesnt support windows 10 hosts and guests yet
Please be aware that Windows 10 is not yet officially supported! There are known problems with VirtualBox 5.0 on Windows 10 hosts and with Windows 10 guests. Some of the problems are fixed in the most recent test build which can be found here
switching to non uek works with virtualbox additions but how do i force grub to use non uek ? or how can i get uek to work ? and how do i disable the screensaver ?
after building a virtualbox oracle linux 6 vm from the dvd iso you will need to login as root and
# ifup eth0 # yum update # reboot # ifup eth0 # yum install gcc # yum install kernel-devel # yum install kernel-headers
before installing guest additions by running ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
# cd /media/VBox # ./VBoxLinuxAddittions.run # reboot