bitnami are now providing ubuntu redmine images that you can run on the oracle cloud
first off bitnami only provide vmware vm vmx & vmdk downloads and apparently you cant convert these to virtualbox disks BUT apparently virtualbox supports reading and writing to vmware vmdk disk files directly
what you need to do is
- build a vm without a disk (ignore warnings)
- download bitnami redmine vmware vm zip
- unzip files
- completely ignore .vmx
- copy *.vmdk from unzip subdir into your virtualbox subdir
- reedit virtualbox vm and use existing sata disk and point it to .vmdk without the -s00n suffix
- ie bitnami-redmine-3.0.4-1-ubuntu-14.04.vmdk
- start virtualbox vm
- enjoy the virtualbox bitnami redmine gantt charts
BitNami Alfresco Cloud VM is a pre-configured, ready to run image for running Alfresco on Amazon EC2. Alfresco is an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system featuring Document Management, Web Content Management, Collaboration Management, Records Management and Image Management.
BitNami Studio alllows you to the create your own virtual machines and cloud images from $50/month.
Pick and choose from an extensive library of software components and operating systems or add your own. A REST-based API and command line tools allow you to create, start and stop images on demand, allowing integration with nightly-build build processes and source control systems.
BitNami now provide both VMs based on both OpenSuse and Ubuntu so you now choose between BitNami and JumpBox for your pre-built Ubuntu software appliances and VMs !
BitNami pre-built VM software appliances
JumBox pre-built VM software appliances