It seems that UShareSoft UForge is the new rPath! UForge is an Adobe AIR app that lets you create CentOS or Ubuntu software appliances and VMs (with packages of your choice such as alfresco cms and apache httpd) for use on your own (cloud.com, Cloud Stack, Eucalyptus, VMware, Xen) clouds !
CloudStack IAAS Cloud Software Platform (from Citrix) includes
- Multi-Tenant cloud computing platform
- Compatible with Commodity or Enterprise Components
- Broad Hypervisor Support (Xenserver, KVM, VMware vSphere)
- Scalable Architecture (manage thousands of hosts and virtual machine guests)
- High Availability configurations to provide automatic fail-over for virtual machines
- Easy-to-Use AJAX-enabled web interface
- Configurable to deploy public, private and hybrid clouds
- Virtual Networking to segment network traffic into VLANs
- Robust API
- Amazon EC2 Compatibility layer
- Written in Java for proven reliability
- Ability to define service level definitions with specific resource footprints
- Open Source, available under the GPL version 3
The Oracle Public Cloud will be arriving shortly !
Cloud Foundry have created a Micro Cloud that you can download onto your desktop !
Amazon have just added support for Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) to the AWS Management Console.
Amazon SQS offers a reliable and highly scalable queue-based messaging service which supports distributed application and makes it easy to exchange time-sensitive data between components or EC2 instances.
Try the IBM SmartCloud cloud simulator
or try the real IBM SmartCloud cloud FREE for a month until 11 Nov 11 !
theres even a cost calculator to use so you can see how much it your cloud will cost to run after that
The VMware Player to Virtual Box migration how to from the Fat Bloke @ Oracle includes this piece of advice which i completely agree with !
“the Fat Bloke’s First Rule of VM Migration is: Don’t“