Oracle have packaged some stacks into pre-built Oracle VM VirtualBox appliances that you can download, install, and experience as a single unit. Just assemble the downloaded files (if needed), import into VirtualBox (available for free), import, and go!
- Reorganization of VirtualBox into a base package and Extension Packs
- New settings/disk file layout for VM portability
- Major rework of the GUI (now called “VirtualBox Manager”):
- Redesigned user interface with guest window preview (also for screenshots)
- New virtual hardware Intel ICH9 chipset with three PCI buses, PCI Express and Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
- Intel HD Audio, for better support of modern guests
vmware player 3.1.3 is now available with better support for 64bit ed/x/ubuntu 10.10 guests and the vmmon, vmxnet and vmsock modules should now compile on guests that are using post-2.6.32 linux kernels !